Testing out more complicated chart implementations like this heatmap
- The spline updating using something called Highcharts.svg to control animation. The heatmaps charts requires a specific heatmap module to run. Basically highcharts is really amazingly easy if your use case exactly fits the standard, but at the expense of black boxing the process.
- Data object is not great. Array of arrays [[x position, y position, value]], check to see if this is true for other hc chart too.
- Color axis scaling is handled nicely somewhere else! Set minColor, maxColor and you're good to go. Best practice is to set the min value also, but it'll nicely find the max value and map it to the maxColor,
- Range thing on right is a nice touch!
- Nice logical handling of label overlap... a lot of the axis issues I have to handle manually in d3.
- Highcharts has a data module. Check it out next!
<-- see more d3js blocks